Father’s Day 2021: Give your fathers the gift of health through encouraging these 3 habits | Photo Credit: Pixabay
- A father plays an important role in the upbringing of the child and shaping of his/her future
- 20 June is observed as Father’s Day to celebrate the beautiful relation of fatherhood
- Be it a single, old, or new dad, all deserve to be equally respected and appreciated
New Delhi: 20 June is observed as Father’s Day and the day aims at celebrating fatherhood across the world. With the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic, the past year has been full of uncertainties. Families, relationships, and individuals suffered and endured a great deal. It also came as a test to parenting and therefore, we must not refrain from acknowledging the efforts put in by the fathers, old or new, across the world during these tough times. Out of all the gifts, one gift that will stay with your dad for life and help him long term is the gift of health.
Habits to encourage
Here are some habits that you can encourage your fathers to follow this father’s day:
- Eating well: Good nutrition is one of the primary requirements for a healthy body. Encourage your dad to follow a balanced and healthy diet for his overall health. You can do this habit by consulting a nutritionist and getting a diet plan made. Keep in mind that it must be a collective effort and the nutrition requirements of each member of the family must be taken into consideration.
- Exercising regularly: Exercising can do wonders for the body, however, one must ensure its consistency. Encourage your fathers to exercise regularly as it can help reduce the risk of health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, strokes, and obesity.
- Resting well: Insufficiency of sleep has been associated with an increased risk of blood pressure, heart diseases, and mental health conditions. Therefore, a healthy sleep schedule must be encouraged to ensure that the body is getting the needed rest to enable its healthy functionality.
New lifestyle changes may not be easy to adapt to, however, with motivation, support, and determination, one may be able to overcome the challenges and emerge victoriously. It may be difficult to switch to a different routine if the encouragement of healthy habits feels forced. One way to overcome these obstacles is to turn them into a collective family effort. Include your family in this health trip so your fathers don’t feel isolated and can stay driven.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now